25 February 2010

In Memory of my Dad 1928-2010

O, all the money e'er I had,I spent it in good company.
And all the harm that ever I've done,alas it was to none but me.
And all I've done for want of witto memory now I can't recall;
So fill to me the parting glass,
Good night and joy be with you all.

O, all the comrades e'er I had,They're sorry for my going away.
And all the sweethearts e'er I had,They'd wished me one more day to stay.
But since it falls unto my lot,That I should rise and you should not,
I gently rise and softly call,
Goodnight and joy be with you all.

If I had money enough to spend,And leisure time to sit awhile.
There is a fair maid in this town,That sorely has my heart beguiled.
Her rosy cheeks and ruby lips,I own, she has my heart in thrall;
Then fill to me the parting glass,
Good night and joy be with you all.

-The Parting Glass

No comments:

Post a Comment