The Buddha, A Film by David Grubin
Premiering April 7, 2010 at 8 p.m. EST (check local listings)
"This documentary for PBS by award-winning filmmaker David Grubin and narrated by Richard Gere, tells the story of the Buddha’s life, a journey especially relevant to our own bewildering times of violent change and spiritual confusion. It features the work of some of the world’s greatest artists and sculptors, who across two millennia, have depicted the Buddha’s life in art rich in beauty and complexity. Hear insights into the ancient narrative by contemporary Buddhists, including Pulitzer Prize winning poet W.S. Merwin and His Holiness the Dalai Lama. Join the conversation and learn more about meditation, the history of Buddhism, and how to incorporate the Buddha’s teachings on compassion and mindfulness into daily life."
- ► 2011 (24)
04/04 - 04/11
- Anarchist Pig Investment Advice for April 10th, 20...
- Review- "The Buddha" on PBS
- The Future & Buddhist Vegan Militias
- Last Regular Season Game at the Igloo
- A Tiger's Tale
- Civic Arena Memories
- Book Review- The World That Never Was: A True Stor...
- Gary Hart, Former U.S. Senator, Commenting on Ange...
- "The Buddha" Premiere on PBS, Wednesday April 7th
- Anarchists vs. Tea Partiers
- ▼ 04/04 - 04/11 (10)
- ► 2009 (52)