As I mentioned in a previous post, last night was the final regular season game for the Penguins at Mellon Arena.
The wife and I arrived early and just soaked in the place. They had a great pre-game ceremony which featured 50 former Penguins including too many to mention here. Well, okay, it's my friggin blog and I'm going to mention my favorite as a kid, Pierre Larouche. The game itself was a near blow-out for the Penguins as the Islanders seemed content to just want to get back on the bus and get to the airport. Fans were in a festive mood, the old barn was rocking and it was a fitting send off for the old girl. Numerous post game activities kept us in our seats until well past 11 pm after which we strolled out into the chilly night. I have to admit a wave of nostalgia hit me on the way out and I felt compelled to fist bump one of the turnstiles on the way out the door.
- ► 2011 (24)
04/04 - 04/11
- Anarchist Pig Investment Advice for April 10th, 20...
- Review- "The Buddha" on PBS
- The Future & Buddhist Vegan Militias
- Last Regular Season Game at the Igloo
- A Tiger's Tale
- Civic Arena Memories
- Book Review- The World That Never Was: A True Stor...
- Gary Hart, Former U.S. Senator, Commenting on Ange...
- "The Buddha" Premiere on PBS, Wednesday April 7th
- Anarchists vs. Tea Partiers
- ▼ 04/04 - 04/11 (10)
- ► 2009 (52)